Did You Know? To encourage your cactus to flower allow it to go dormant during winter!
Affordable & Professional Cactus Removal
While some cacti may adorn the yards of Phoenix residences with little to no trouble, there are times when cactus removal may be necessary. If you have pets or small children, some species like the jumping cactus may cause them injury. Perhaps you have a Cacti that’s leaning a little too far to the right. If it falls, it can be dangerous to your home, your family, and the people surrounding you.
Whatever the case may be, Jose can help you. Our services are affordable and done right. We help you choose the best method to remove the cacti from your yard.
Arizona wouldn’t be Arizona without its iconic cacti scattered through the desert landscape. The thick, waxy, branching arms of the Saguora cactus symbolize the Arizona lifestyle and desert South West where the cacti thrive. There are over 2,00 species of cacti throughout North America. Cacti are known for being drought tolerant and rapid produces that propagate with ease. Many people in the Phoenix Valley area choose to decorate their yards with cacti that are native to the Arizona climate. Homeowners may choose cacti such as:
- PRICKLY PEAR: these cacti come in a variety of spices such as the Plains Prickly Pear, Santa Rita prickly pear, and the Tulip Prickly Pear, etc. These small, varying colored cacti can be found scattered throughout the southeast. They spread in nature, and if not properly removed, they will return and cover more ground.
- CHOLLA CACTUS: not known for their tidy look, cholla cactus have plant branches the grow irregular and of different lengths. The older the plant becomes, the lower stems become woody and hard.
- JUMPING CACTUS: recognizable by the chains of soft green fruit that hang down from each stem, jumping cactus are particular hazards to pets and young children, due to the spiny segments that easily detach, and embed themselves into anything that moves past them. Ouch!
- BARREL CACTUS: these tall cylinder cacti can grow between four to six feet high; some may even grow up to ten feet tall! They grow well in sand or gravel areas. As the plant’s age, they tend to fall over, and if their root system remains intact after they fall, they will continue to grow until they expire.
- SAGUAROS: the Saguaro is a protected species that can grow to be 30 feet or more. These frost tolerant cacti prefer rocky soil and good drainage. You won’t find these cacti in areas outside of Arizona, because they require the summer rainfall during the monsoon season to survive.
Did you know there are laws protecting the Saguaros Cactus? It is a felony crime to damage and/ or cut down a Saguaro. If someone is caught violating this law can result in a 25-year prison sentence. Permits and Tags are required for any modifications even on your personal property.
The Native Plant Protection Act protects the Saguaro Cactus, and special permitting is required to remove any Saguaros. At Jose Knows Trees, we have over ten years of experience removing Saguaro legally, safely, and correctly.
Why Choose Jose
We have the training, experience, and equipment to remove cacti correctly. We are your professional cactus removal team. Our experienced
and professional team can help you safely handle your cactus removal needs. Our trained professional staff takes into consideration all appropriate safety measures and licensing requirements. After a consultation to determine if cacti removal is right for your needs.
Contact Jose today to schedule your free cactus removal estimate!